200g self-raising flour
1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
75g golden caster sugar
725g dessert apples (cored, peeled and sliced)
125g stoned raisins
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 eggs (beaten)
110ml sunflower oil
150g Lancashire cheese
- Generously butter a loose-based 23cm (9inch) cake tin.
- Preheat oven to 170oC / 325oF / Gas 3..
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- Add sugar, apples, raisins and nutmeg.
- Beat eggs into the oil and stir into the mix.
- Spoon half of the mixture into the tin.
- Add cheese.
- Top with the remaining apple mixture.
- Bake for one hour until golden.
- Cool in the tin for 30 minutes. Dust with icing sugar for decoration.