The muesli biscuits are a healthy addition to any lunch box and very filling for a coffee break or to snack on throughout the day. Ideal for hungry children when returning from school and a healthy alternative to usual shop bought snacks. They are very quick and easy to make and my grandchildren enjoy making these with me and then eating as soon as they are ready, we have often made them in all different fun shapes.
100 g (4 oz) margarine
50 g (2 oz) demerara sugar
15 ml 1 tbsp (tablespoon) honey
50 g (2 oz) self raising flour (wholemeal if preferred)
175 g (6 oz) muesli
Preparation and method:
- Cream together the margarine and sugar.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients to form a firm dough. If too sticky more flour or oats can be added at this stage.
- Roll the dough into smooth balls about the size of a walnut and flatten slightly with palm of hand.
- Place well apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 190C (375F) mark 5 for 15 mins. or until crisp and golden brown.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Makes about 18.