Do you tend to ignore the Asparagus in the supermarket as “too difficult?” or scary? Certainly we used to until we discovered this easy method. Much easier than baking, boiling or steaming it.
Now we’ve found out how to reliably cook asparagus in the microwave, we eat it much more often. As it’s been on offer quite a bit recently we’ve had quite a lot of it this year.
1 Asparagus bundle
1 Approx tablespoon olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash asparagus spears and chop off the woody bottom part.
- Cut the spears in half and place in a covered microwave safe container.
- Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil, and then grind salt and pepper over it.
- “Toss” the asparagus in the oil and seasoning
- Cover lightly and cook for two minutes.
- Mix asparagus well and test one spear to see if it’s cooked enough. If not, cover again and microwave in 30 second increments until it’s perfect for you.