Now we’ve found out how to reliably cook asparagus in the microwave, we eat it much more often. As it’s been on offer quite a bit recently we’ve had quite a lot of it this year.
1 Asparagus bundle
1 Approx tablespoon olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash asparagus spears and chop off the woody bottom part.
- Cut the spears in half and place in a covered microwave safe container.
- Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil, and then grind salt and pepper over it.
- “Toss” the asparagus in the oil and seasoning
- Cover lightly and cook for two minutes.
- Mix asparagus well and test one spear to see if it’s cooked enough. If not, cover again and microwave in 30 second increments until it’s perfect for you.